Work With Us
Sole Motive is currently looking to fill the following roles:
- Exciting opportunity to be part of the fitness industry
- Make your mark with a leading brand
- CBD location, close to public transport
About Sole Motive
At Sole Motive we stand to share the benefits of making running and fitness lifetime achievable goals. As leaders in the running and fitness space we are committed to helping others – through our engaging events, inspiring and award-winning content in Runner’s World, our dedicated run specialty CBD retail hub and e-commerce.
- Sole Motive is on the hunt for an exceptional Store Manager with a passion for customer service and delivering an exceptional experience.
- As the leader on the store floor, you are responsible for the management and activities of all aspects of store operations. Major areas of responsibility include hiring, developing, managing, motivating and training of staff.
- You have heaps of energy, ideas and enthusiasm for all things running, health and fitness, gear and tech.
- You’re at the forefront of new trends and approaches to retail and customer service.
Other key areas of focus are
- Conducting staff training & coaching to drive KPI performance
- Maintaining visual merchandising and store presentation to company standards
- Supporting our in store events and activities: fitness classes & outreach
- Building and developing relationships within the community
- Leading a culture of high performance
- Inventory management, product sell-through & pricing
- Payroll & cash administration
- Passionate about contributing and growing the running culture in Melbourne, participate in weekly running and fitness activities in store and within the community
- You’re an advocate for the Sole Motive brand and our values, inspiring more people to run and enjoy their fitness
- You work closely with your leadership team, producing results which smash company goals
- You bring a high level of excitement, energy and positivity into everything you do but especially to your work
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer experience and service
- You’re business minded always thinking about the bigger picture and making smart decisions
- While people and customer experience is your bread and butter, you’re equally adept at retail operations including order management, inventory control and product buying
- You lead, coach and empower your team
- Exceptional leader who can inspire a team to achieve great results
- Team player- always looking to help out others even if its outside of your responsibilities or department
- Great project manager who knows how to delegate by engaging the right person
- Can solve problems on the run
- Able to multitask and respond to an ever changing environment
- You’re a doer, you follow through on everything you commit to
- Passionate about personal growth and development for you and your team, including giving and receiving feedback
- Driven, ambitious
- You have excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- 2+ years experience in retail management position
- Strong knowledge and experience with MS office suite
- Knowledge of digital/ecommerce
- Fitness instructor qualifications
The store manager works a 38 hour work week (5 days) consisting of an average of 25 hours per week on the retail floor developing and training their team. Our store leaders are all full-time employees and are available to open and close, at a minimum, twice per week as well as being available at Sole Motive events. Everyone must work one weekend day (Saturday/Sunday)
If you thrive on working within an energetic, fast paced environment and enjoy making a difference, please connect with us at email@example.com.
Please note we are seeking applicants with a cover letter demonstrating:
1) Proven ability of in delivering exceptional customer experience and leading a retail team to achieve great results
2) Passion for running & fitness.
- Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 2 days per week
About Sole Motive
At Sole Motive we stand to share the benefits of making running and fitness lifetime achievable goals.
As leaders in the running and fitness space we are committed to helping others – through our engaging events, inspiring and award-winning content in Runner’s World, our dedicated run specialty CBD retail hub and e-commerce.
Runner’s World is looking for a well-rounded Digital Editor who will be creating and populating content for its website and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit, create and populate content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure. You have heaps of energy, ideas and enthusiasm for all things running, health and fitness, gear and tech and you’re on the forefront of new trends and approaches to digital content development.
In this role you will
- Write/edit and populate content for the brand’s website, mobile and social media platforms;
- Write compelling headlines and error-free copy;
- Ensure content is posted quickly and accurately;
- Liaise between internal teams (sales, marketing, editorial) and third party partners to create custom ad digital content;
- Work with publisher to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms;
- Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the brands digital platforms
- Other duties as required.
In order to be successful you will have
- Digital editing experience;
- Strong editorial judgment;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and basic video editing;
- Strong understanding of social media best practices;
- Flexibility to work at running events on weekends to facilitate social media/stories;
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details;
- Degree in Journalism or related field.
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVENT LABOURER & DRIVERS
We are currently seeking 4x hard-working event labourers to join our event day crew and assist with the setup and pack down for Sunset Series Race 2 on Thursday 21 February.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Able to confidently drive 3 tonne truck and trailer (must be over 25 years old)
- Previous experience effectively packing and unpacking trucks (including strapping)
- Physically fit and a team player
- Able to lead the set up & pack down of marquees and structures on an event site
- Be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Punctual and reliable
- 20 February – Truck pack at our Oakleigh Warehouse
- 21 February – Event day truck driver & Event labourer on site at the Tan
- 22 February – Truck unpack at our Oakleigh Warehouse
This is a great opportunity to work in outdoor events, with potential for ongoing casual work.
- A dynamic Event Manager to manage and deliver Sole Motive sports and fitness events.
You will have the chance to:
- Work within the health and fitness industry
- Be part of a great team environment
What you will do:
- Developing, planning and executing the operations of a portfolio of events;
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all expectations are clearly defined and achieved;
- Manage the budget reporting and accountability for events;
- Manage event timelines, logistics and planning;
- Preparation and submission of event plans including safety plans, risk management plans, traffic management plans, and food safety permits.
- Management of permit submissions to government authorities, police, road and transport authorities.
- Manage the load in and out of equipment, site builds and breakdowns.
- Prepare and deliver, production schedules, course maps and site plans prior to the event.
- Ensure all appropriate on-day documentation is prepared including event folders, contact lists, lanyards, personnel/volunteer lists, production schedules and commentary.
- Managing casual staff and volunteers on event day.
To be successful for the position, you will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in events;
- Tertiary qualification in Event Management or Sports Management or similar;
- Personable, confident and able to be flexible;
- Ability to work on multiple projects autonomously, highly organised and able to function well under pressure;
- Ability to complete manual tasks;
- Developed organisational skills, time management skills and attention to detail;
- Competent computer skills – MS Office;
- Keen interest in health, fitness and well-being.
- Ability to complete manual tasks
- First Aid Certificate
Terms and Conditions:
- 12-month full-time contract employment
- Weekend work, ability to travel and flexible hours required.
Please note we are seeking applicants with a cover letter demonstrating 1) Proven ability of managing and/or assisting in events. 2) Passion for running & fitness.
To apply for this role email email@example.com